Non-British spouse of a student

Someone who is not a British citizen and is the spouse of a student may be disregarded for council tax purposes.

This means they will not be included when we count the number of occupants at the address.

Immigration regulations

In order to be disregarded the spouse must be prevented under immigration regulations from taking paid employment or claiming benefits whilst in the UK.

To apply, click on the council tax enquiries link at the foot of the page. Log in or register for an account and select 'council tax options'.



Contact the council tax team

Telephone: 01732 844522