Single person households and those with disabilities

Single person households

If you are the only adult living in your home, you may be entitled to a 25 per cent discount.  To apply, log in or register for an account and select 'council tax options'.

Log in or register

Reductions for those with disabilities

If your home has been constructed or adapted to meet the needs of a disabled person who lives there, your council tax band may be reduced by one. For example, if your property is in band D, we would charge you the council tax for a band C property.

To qualify for a reduction, your home must contain:

  • a room (other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet) used mainly by the disabled person
  • an additional bathroom or kitchen for use by the disabled person
  • extra space to allow for wheelchair use

If you feel that you are entitled to a reduction, you need to download and complete the disabled relief form.

This is a paper form which requires a signature and cannot be completed online.

Download form

Contact the council tax team

Telephone: 01732 844522