Hearing session documents
The Inspectors' Report on the Examination of the Tonbridge and Malling Borough Local Plan has been published. It can be viewed in our Examination Documents at ED83.
Matters 1, 2, 3 and 4 Hearing Statements
Matter 1, Week 1 - Daily Participants
Stage 1 Hearing Sessions:
- Stage 1 Timetable and Participants (05.10.20)
- Inspectors’ note on the virtual hearings
- Agenda Day 1 and 2 Matter 1 - Duty to Co-operate
- Agenda Day 2 and 3 Matter 1 - Legal compliance and procedural requirements
Inspectors’ Matters, Issues and Questions
- ED54 Inspectors’ Additional Questions on Matters 1 and 4 on the changes to the Use Classes Order
- ED56 Amended Stage 1 Matters, Issues and Questions 2.9.20
The Inspectors have issued additional questions for Matters 1 and 4 concerning the changes to the Use Classes Order. See the document ED54 for further information.
September 2020 - Question 8 of Matter 3 – The Metropolitan Green Belt (Policy LP3). To ensure alignment with the National Planning Policy Framework (2012) the Inspectors have amended Question 8 of Matter 3 to:
- Do the decisions taken on Green Belt releases reflect the need to assist with urban regeneration, by encouraging the recycling of derelict and other urban land? Where is this evident?
The deadlines for statements are unchanged.
- ED46 - Inspectors’ reply to points of clarification requested by Council in respect of Inspectors’ Matters, Issues and Questions for Stage 1 hearing sessions (ED37)
- ED47 - Re-referenced as ED50
- ED48 - Inspectors’ Matters, Issues and Questions for Stage 1 (this document is the same as ED37)
- ED50 - Inspectors' Revised Examination Guidance Notes
- 6 July 2020 - In response to the recently published 2018-based Household Projections, the Council have commissioned a housing need update, similar to Examination Library document HO1 (January 2019). The housing need update will be posted in both the Examination Documents and Examination Library during w/c 24 August 2020. Any responses to this document should be made in Hearing statements for Matter 4.
- 27 August 2020 – The latest housing need update, taking account of the 2018-based Household Projections has been published by the Council and is available from the Examination Documents and Examination Library pages
If you have any queries concerning the examination please contact the Programme Officer: Louise St John Howe Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 07789 486419.