If you experience any issues with the waste related on-line forms please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your black bin ready for your next scheduled collection. Other household waste can be disposed of as normal.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, In order to protect the core front line refuse, food waste and clinical collection services, the following services are suspended with immediate effect and until further notice:
Bulky waste collections - have been suspended. We will complete existing bookings
Garden Waste Collections - have been suspended.. We will extend subscriptions to cover the period that we are unable to offer the service. Please do not put your brown bin out for collection until service is resumed. See below for frequently asked questions.
New Garden Waste Subscriptions - we will not be able to take any new orders until further notice. If you have already placed an order and paid your subscription fee, you will receive your bin
Saturday Bulky Freighter service – has been suspended until further notice
Further measures may need to be introduced and we will post updates on this page.
Further information about how Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council is responding to the situation can be found here.
Updates on KCC’s Household Waste Recycling Centres can be found here. They are all currently closed.
We are working hard to minimise the impact on recycling and waste collections and appreciate your understanding if further changes to the service are necessary. We will continue to post updates on this page.
Garden Waste Service Suspension FAQ's
- Will I get refund for suspended garden waste collections?
- We will extend your renewal date to take into account the period of suspension
- When will garden waste collections start again?
- We can’t say at this time, but once the staffing shortage situation improves, we will recommence any suspended services as and when we can, and will let you know via email if you registered with one, by social media and via our website
- What can I do with my garden waste in the meantime?
- Store it or home compost it until we can restart collections
- Can I put garden waste in my black bin?
- Black bins will still be emptied, so long as the lid is closed. No extra sacks placed next to the black bin will be collected
- Can I take my garden waste to the tip? Kent County Council have closed their Household Waste Recycling Centres due to the situation. Please see https://kccmediahub.net/household-waste-recycling-centre-closed745 for more information.
- Can I have a bonfire to burn my garden waste?
- At this time it is far more likely that the smoke from any bonfires lit will impact neighbours who are either abiding by Government advice to stay at home, are self-isolating due to existing health problems or are key workers on downtime. We would therefore urge all residents to be considerate and think twice about the need to light a bonfire at this time in order to prevent the smoke affecting neighbours. More guidance at https://www.tmbc.gov.uk/services/environment-and-planning/pollution/nuisances/bonfire
- Are other refuse & recycling services still running as normal?
- Yes, but please check our website regularly for further updates. Our current priority is to collect residual waste, food waste & clinical waste, and other recycling services, but this is dependent on staff being available to carry out collections. Significant numbers of agency staff have been deployed to help maintain these services for you.
Daily Collection Updates
This page will be updated by 9.30 am each day with updates on the previous day's collections. Please check here after that time for the latest information and before reporting a missed collection.
Wednesday 25 March -Due to staff shortages recycling was not completed in 7 roads in Aylesford, 2 roads in East Malling and 7 roads in Wateringbury.
Thursday 26 March - Due to staff shortages recycling was not completed in 2 roads in Larkfield. The refuse crews could not access Houselands Road in Tonbridge due to illegally parked vehicles.
Friday 27 March - Due to further staff shortages recycling was not completed in Wrotham, East Malling, West Malling, and the areas around Stansted, Platt & West Peckham.
A number of collection crews are working on Saturday 28 March in order to try to complete as much outstanding recycling collections as they can. Urbaser are also trying to get some staff out on Sunday, but this may not be possible due to the staff shortages they are currently experiencing. Please do not make a missed recycling collection report if you are in any of the above areas at this time. Please continue to check this page for updates. We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing you at this difficult time.
Recycling, Refuse & Food Waste Collections
If your neighbours' bins/boxes have been emptied and yours has been accidentally missed, please complete the online form below. If you've already reported your missed collection by phone or online form, we will get back for your bin/box as soon as we can.
Please complete the online form rather than report missed collections by email, as this will speed up the process of the contractor being able to return for your bin or box. The online form goes direct to the contractor. You will receive an automated acknowledgement when submitting your online form - we cannot provide a personalised response in all cases. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Please do not use this form to report other issues such as damaged bins or green box orders. You can find a range of forms at www.tmbc.gov.uk/waste
Thank you for your assistance.
You can check your recycling & refuse collection schedule here. If you receive an error message, you will need to refresh the page before entering your postcode again.
Recycle For All to find the information you need or complete one our many online forms, such as for missed collections or replacement bins. If you still can't find what you need, please email email@example.com and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
We will update this page if there are any changes or delays to your normal refuse & recycling collections caused by severe weather or road conditions. To receive automatic e-mail alerts on refuse updates, news stories and many other Council services, register with "My Account".
You can also request a range of other services online such as ordering green boxes, ordering bulky collections and reporting missing or damaged bins.