Recycling services are currently back on schedule. However, some collections may remain subject to delay and suspension due to driver shortages.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause and will update this page regularly with the latest information to reflect any changes.
Current status of collections
- recycling (green-lidded bin and green boxes) – collections running to schedule
- in some areas, green boxes and green-lidded bins are being emptied by separate vehicles
- food waste – collections running to schedule
- refuse (black bin) – collections running to schedule
- garden waste – collections have been suspended until further notice. Subscriptions will be extended for the period the suspension is in place
If you’re not sure which bin is due for collection, you can check your collection dates.
Options for recycling
If your recycling bin is full you can continue to use the recycling sites across the borough. We have installed temporary cardboard/paper banks at the following sites:
- Sainsbury’s (Angel Centre car park) Tonbridge
- Longmead (Tonbridge Farm Sports Ground)
- Asda Kings Hill
- Borough Green railway station
- Larkfield Leisure Centre
Please note that these are for household recycling only, not for commercial or trade waste. Please remember to flatten cardboard boxes down and remove polystyrene and plastic. Waste must not be left beside or on top of the banks. If the banks are full, please take your recycling home or to another site.
KCC’s Household Waste Recycling Centres (tips) are open on a booking only basis. Find your nearest recycling centre and book
Report a missed bin
If your bins have not been collected but your neighbours' have been, please complete the online form rather than report missed collections by email. This will make processing of your report quicker because it goes direct to the contractor. You will receive an automated acknowledgement when submitting your online form. We cannot provide a personalised response in all cases.
We have a separate form for reporting other issues such as damaged bins or green box orders.
If you experience any issues with the waste related on-line forms, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.