Book a bulky waste collection
We can collect up to six items of bulky waste, including fridges/freezers, from outside your property.
- standard fee: £65
- fridge/freezer only: £40
- subsidised fee: £13.50 (for those in receipt of council tax reduction benefits).
- You can only use this subsidised service once every six months.
- The subsidised fee does not apply to those who only receive the 25% reduction for single occupancy.
- Payment can only be made by credit or debit cards.
You must put all items outside your property by 7am on the day of collection. If you want to cancel a collection, you must do so by 4pm on the day before your collection date.
Things we don't collect
We take most bulky household items that you would normally take with you when moving house, but we cannot collect very heavy or large items such as:
- Aga ovens
- builders’ waste and rubble
- engines and engine oil
- large water tanks
- liquid material
- oil storage tanks
- toxic materials
Bulky items may also be disposed of at a KCC household waste and recycling centre.