Alcohol and entertainment licence

Our licensing policy

Our current Statement of Licensing Policy covers the years 2019 to 2024.

This policy statement sets reasonable controls and appropriate guidance to encourage efforts that are being made by the council and its partners working together with the licensed trade to help deal with issues that arise from licensable activities.

Premises licence

A premises licence or a club premises certificate is needed for premises that:

  • sell alcohol
  • supply alcohol by or on behalf of a club, or to the order of a member of a club.
  • provision of late night refreshment.
  • provision of regulated entertainment

The types of entertainment regulated by the 2003 licensing act include:

  • a performance of a play
  • an exhibition of a film
  • an indoor sporting event
  • a boxing or wrestling entertainment
  • a contest, exhibition or display which combines boxing or wrestling with one or more martial arts ('combined fighting sports')
  • a performance of live music
  • any playing of recorded music
  • a performance of dance
  • entertainment of a similar description to a performance of live music, any playing of recorded music or a performance of dance

Further information

Contact the licensing team

Telephone: 01732 844522