Platt Woods is a 43 acre hilltop woodland featuring walks which are particularly beautiful in spring.
Platt Woods are situated between Platt village to the west and south and Windmill Hill to the east. The nearest postcode is TN15 8NE.
Points of interest
- trees including sessile oak, pedunculate oak, sweet chestnut, scots pine, an apparent hybrid swarm of silver and downy birch, whitebeam, rowan, larch and wellingtonia
- shrubs including broom, dog rose, pussy willow and rhododendrons
- the wood forms part of the Weald Way long distance walk
- four public footpaths run through Platt Woods: MR296, MR297, MR298 and MR257
- there is no car park and very little on road parking available
- the main path is clear, wide and forms a circular route
- other paths may be narrow
- paths are unsurfaced and there are natural changes in level
Platt Woods are owned by Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council and managed by Platt Woods management committee.