Adapting a home if you are disabled

If you (or a person living with you) has a disability and your home requires changes to enable you to live more independently then you may be able to get financial help.

A disabled facilities grant (GOV.UK) is means tested and the maximum amount that can be paid is £30,000.

Relocation assistance

If you (or a person who lives with you) are disabled and your property does not meet your needs, relocation assistance may be provided.

Up to £5,000 towards moving costs may be available where a more suitable property has been identified. This grant is not repayable.

For more information, contact Kent County Council social services on 03000 41 41 41.

Contact the housing team

Telephone: 01732 844522