Housing benefit can help you pay your rent if you’re unemployed, on a low income or claiming other benefits.

It’s being replaced by Universal Credit so you can only make a new claim if either of the following apply:

  • you have reached state pension age
  • you’re in supported, sheltered or temporary housing

Register for an account or log in to apply.

Go to My Account

If you are currently living outside the borough, apply here.

For all other claimants see Housing costs and Universal Credit.

Contact the benefits team

Telephone: 01732 844522