This page provides details of how to let us know about changes to your electoral registration or your household’s details on the electoral register.

Name change

If you have changed your name, complete our form and return it to us with documentary evidence using one of the following:

  • marriage or civil partnership certificate
  • overseas marriage or civil partnership certificate that has been lodged with the registrar
  • deed poll certificate
  • amended birth certificate

Download change of name form

Use the button below to upload copies of documents to verify your change of name application or to complete your electoral registration application.

Submit documentary evidence

Moving house

When you move house, everyone over 18 at your new address must re-register to vote. 

Also use this link to register someone new living at your address.

When someone dies

If a member of your household has passed away use the Tell Us Once service (GOV.UK) and we will be notified.

Removing someone from the electoral register

If there is someone who is registered at your address but they no longer live there, let us know so we can update the electoral register. Return any post we have sent to them clearly marked as 'not at this address'. 

Remove a name from the register

The Open Register

The open register is an extract of the electoral register but is not used for elections. It can be bought by anyone and used for many purposes including confirming name and address details and direct marketing purposes. Removing your details from the open register does not affect your right to vote.

Change your Open Register status

Change of nationality

If you have changed your nationality you must contact us because your nationality can affect which elections you can vote in. Email us using the details below giving your name, address, old nationality and new nationality.

Contact the voting and elections team

Address: Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council Gibson Building, Gibson Drive, Kings Hill, West Malling, ME19 4LZ

Telephone: 01732 876022