Making changes to your registration

Last Updated:

If there is a change in your circumstances, you may need to make changes to your existing registration.

The Open Register

If you are currently included in the Open Register and wish to be removed, or are currently not included but wish to be, please complete the online form at

Change of name

If you have changed your name, please download and print out the change of name form and return it to us with a copy of one of the following. You can send us this information through this form, by email to or by post. Please do not send originals.

  • Marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
  • Overseas marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate that has been lodged with the Registrar
  • Deed poll certificate
  • Amended birth certificate

Moving house

If you move house you must register to vote at your new address. Make sure you tell us your old address and we will remove your old registration. You can register to vote at


If a member of your household has passed away you will need to tell us so we can remove them from the Register of Electors. You can do this through the Tell Us Once service. Alternatively you can tell us direct. You need to tell us their name and address, and send us a copy of the death certificate (please do not send originals). You can do this by email to or post to Electoral Services, Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council, Gibson Building, Gibson Drive, Kings Hill, West Malling, ME19 4LZ.

Removing someone from the Register of Electors

If there is someone who is registered at your address but no longer lives there, please contact us to let us know. Please also return any post we have sent to them clearly marked as 'not at this address'. We will then be able to conduct a formal review and remove them. Please note this may take some weeks, and you they continue to receive post from us until the review is complete. Removing someone from the Register of Electors will not remove their name from other public records such as the Council Tax system, so you will also need to contact them directly.

Adding someone to your address

If there is someone living in your address who is not currently registered, they can apply on-line at

Change of nationality

If you have changed your nationality you must contact us because your nationality can affect which elections you can vote in. Please email us at giving your name, address, old nationality and new nationality. If we need further information we will contact you.

Request a postal or proxy vote

If you wish to vote by post or proxy, please download and print out a form, complete it and return it to us. Note that to vote by post you must be on the new Individual Register. To vote by proxy, both you and your proxy must be on the Individual Register. Download a postal vote application form, or a proxy vote application form. Please note that there are deadlines close to an election. See the current elections page for more information.