Read rules on private water supplies

A private water supply (PWS) is any water supply which is supplied to one or more properties that is not provided by a water company.

More information about private water supplies can be found on the Drinking Water Inspectorate’s website.

Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council has a duty to:

  • record PWS locations in the borough
  • monitor supplies that serve more than one domestic property, commercial and public properties, to ensure that they are of sufficient quality to protect consumer health.
  • take enforcement action where the water is found to be unsafe and no mitigation is put in place by the owners or people who control the supply.

If you would like more information on private water supplies contact our environmental protection team using the details below.

Contact the environmental protection team

Telephone: 01732 844522