How we use your information
The categories of information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name, address, email address and telephone numbers)
- family details (such as names and ages of children)
- benefit related information (such as council tax reduction number, tax credit details, disability living allowance details)
- general disability, allergens, conditions, access issues (where you or your child wish to take part in organised activities)
- details of any accident or incident occurring during one of our activities or events
- permission to use your image in promotional material
Why we collect and use this information
We use your data to:
- enable us to assess your application for events on public open space or the Leisure Pass discount scheme
- assess your suitability for any youth activities which you are interested in
- keep you informed about youth activities
- derive statistics which inform decisions such as which activities to provide
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We will use your information if we have your explicit consent do so, if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation and/or it is necessary to do so in order to carry out a task in the public interest. In order to use this information, we have to comply with the processing requirements set out in the Data Protection Act 2018.
Collecting this information
In order to comply with the data protection legislation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain information or if you have a choice in this.
Sometimes we will collect and use this information in order to carry out one of our statutory functions for example we might need this information in order to carry out one of our duties under health and safety legislation.
On other occasions we may need to ask you for your express consent to collect and use this information.
Storing this information
We normally hold your information for three years. However, if a person under 18 years of age is involved in an accident then we will hold their information until they are 21.
Who we share this information with
We routinely share, relevant, information with:
- Tonbridge and Malling Leisure Trust
- emergency services and other relevant bodies
- health and safety officers
- Kent Police
- Kent Fire and Rescue
- Tonbridge and Malling Safety Advisory Group
- Kent County Council
Why we share this information
We share relevant data with:
- Tonbridge and Malling Leisure Trust to ensure reduced rate access to their services
- emergency services and other relevant bodies to enable an assessment of suitability for any event or activity
- health and safety officers to ensure people’s health and safety whilst using our leisure facilities
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information please contact Adrian Stanfield, the council’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at How to make a data protection complaint to an organisation.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please contact Adrian Stanfield, the council’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
The council collects and uses personal information for a number of purposes across all of its departments and functions. To find out more about how the council uses the personal information it collects, please refer to the Corporate privacy notice.
Last updated: 2 March 2023