How we use your information
The categories of information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name, address, contact details)
Why we collect and use this information
We use your data to:
- administer requests, reviews and complaints made under the Data Protection Act 2018, Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations 2004
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use this information under the legal basis for compliance with a legal obligation under the Data Protection Act 2018, Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
Collecting this information
Whilst the majority of the information you provide to us is required in order to perform our legal obligations, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the data protection legislation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing this information
We hold your data for a period of three years from the date of the last recorded action on the record.
Who we share this information with
We routinely share information with internal services within the council so that requests can be responded to.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information please contact Adrian Stanfield, the council’s data protection officer at email@example.com.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s office at How to make a data protection complaint to an organisation.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please contact Adrian Stanfield, the council’s data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The council collects and uses personal information for a number of purposes across all of its departments and functions. To find out more about how the council uses the personal information it collects, please refer to the Corporate privacy notice.