How we use your information
The categories of information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name, address contact information)
- financial transaction details (such as credit or debit card payments)
Why we collect and use this information
We use your data to:
- enable us to carry out specific functions for which we are responsible
- enable us to assess applications for a caravan site licence
- take any necessary enforcement action
The lawful basis on which we use this information
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
We collect and use this information for the purposes of carrying our statutory functions under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 (as amended by Mobile Homes Act 2013).
Collecting this information
Whilst the majority of the information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the data protection legislation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing this information
The entire time the caravan site remains licensable or licensed plus 12 years.
Who we share this information with
We routinely share information with:
- Internal departments (such as council tax and legal services)
- Kent Fire and Rescue Service
- HM Land Registry
Why we share this information
We share data with our council tax department and HM Land Registry on a statutory basis under the Mobiles Homes Act 2013. This data sharing enables us to assess an applicant’s suitability for a licence.
We share data with our legal services department to help us fulfil our statutory duties under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 (as amended). This data sharing enables us to issue a licence.
We share data with Kent Fire and Rescue Service on a statutory basis under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 (as amended). This data sharing enables us to comply with the requirement to consult with the Fire and Rescue authority.
The Council is required to keep a public register of caravan site licences issued in the borough. This register may contain personal data. Please contact the Council to view this register.
Data collection requirements
There are no data collection requirements.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information please contact Adrian Stanfield, the Council’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at How to make a data protection complaint to an organisation.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please contact Adrian Stanfield, the Council’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Council collects and uses personal information for a number of purposes across all of its departments and functions. To find out more about how the Council uses the personal information it collects, please refer to the Corporate privacy notice.