How to send us council tax reduction documents

To claim reduced council tax, we need to check certain documents to prevent fraud and ensure you get the correct amount of reduction.

Email your documents to and make 'benefits evidence' the subject of your email. 

Start your email with your name, address and claim number. Tell us which documents you are providing.

You can send documents by post to:

Benefits Section
Gibson Building
Gibson Drive
Kings Hill
ME19 4LZ

Include your name, address and claim number and state 'benefits evidence' .

Do not send passports and birth certificates by post. Any documents you do send will be returned by post.

Means testing

Council tax reduction is means-tested and you must provide all details regarding income and capital to support your application.

The application form also needs information about other members of your household (called non-dependents) and details of their income and capital.


Contact the benefits team

Telephone: 01732 844522