Roads - closures and diversions

Last Updated:

Road closures and diversions are needed for a variety of reasons.

Roads other than motorways

Kent County Council are the Highway Authority and give permission for planned roadworks

Motorways only

Roadworks on motorways are dealt with by Highways England. More information on Highways England road schemes. Contact information for Highways England is in their roadworks notification.

Due to events

Some events, such as Remembrance Day Parades and carnivals, need roads to be closed.