This is a pay and display car park. Parking changes were introduced from 3 May 2016. Details of the Cabinet decision can be viewed here.
Parking restrictions and charges
- A valid Pay and Display ticket is required, and the vehicle registration number must be entered correctly. The current format for vehicle registration numbers is 2 letters, 2 numbers, 3 letters, so please pay particular attention if a registration number includes a 0 (zero) or O (letter).
- A valid Pay and Display ticket must be displayed during the charging period which is Monday to Saturday 8am to 5.30pm.
- Maximum stay, during the charging period, is 4 hours with no return permitted within 3 hours.
- Free at all other times including bank holidays
- Up to 30 minutes 40p
- Up to 1 hour 70p
- Up to 2 hours £1.40
- Up to 3 hours £2.10
- Up to 4 hours £3.20
- Parking charges can be paid using Parkmobile and the High Street car park code 1178
- Ticket machines accept coins from 10p but cannot accept banknotes or give change.
- Vehicles displaying tickets with an incorrect registration number may receive a penalty charge notice.
Blue badge holders
- Nearest Postcode ME19 6NA
- Access is from High Street
- Access to this car park is not possible from the Swan Street direction when there is a Farmers Market due to the High Street road closure from Swan Street to this car park
- CCTV coverage
- Height barrier 2 meters (6ft 6)
- Car park users should check car park noticeboards for further information or contact the parking office
- Report a car park maintenance problem
- Report a recycling container problem
Alternatives to travelling by car
As with most locations, West Malling is accessible by public transport, walking or cycling as well as by car.
- Google maps - car, public transport, walking and cycling
- Traveline - public transport
- Cyclestreets - cycling
- Sustrans - cycling
- National Rail enquiries - Rail
- National Rail - combine rail with cycling
- Public Rights of Way - walking
The benefits of using public transport, walking or cycling include:
- Not driving round trying to find a parking space
- Not paying for parking
- No petrol costs
- Less pollution
- Improved health