Local Plan Submitted
On Wednesday 23rd January 2019, the Borough Council submitted the Local Plan to the Planning Inspectorate for examination.
This includes the version of the Local Plan consulted upon during the autumn of 2018, along with the following supporting documents (see below) and evidence.
In addition, spreadsheets of the representations made on the Regulation 19 version of the Local Plan were also submitted.
The Council will endeavour to share the representations on this website as soon as reasonably practicable - it is envisaged that they will be ready to publish at the end of March 2019. There is a need to ensure that the requirements of data protection legislation are complied with which means that it will not be possible to share the representations straight away.
Transitional Period for the Revised National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF)
The Local Plan has been submitted within the transitional period for the revised NPPF (July 2018) which concluded on 24th January 2019.
This means that the Plan itself will be examined against the requirements of the 2012 version of the NPPF and the versions of the Government’s Planning Practice Guidance that pre-date the changes in July 2018.
- Consultation Statement - Main Report
- Consultation Statement - Appendices A to C
- Consultation Statement - Appendices D and E (part)
- Consultation Statement - Appendix E exhibition panels 1 & 2
- Consultation Statement - Appendix E exhibition panels 3 & 4
- Consultation Statement - Appendices E (part) & F
- Consultation Statement - Appendices G & H (part)
- Consultation Statement - Appendix H (part)
- Consultation Statement - Remaining Appendices
- Soundness Self-Assessment Toolkit
- Duty to Co-operate Statement
- Legal Compliance Checklist
- Equality Impact Assessment
- Housing Topic Paper (January 2019)
Local Plan Examination Contents Page
To find out news and other matters relating to the Local Plan Examination, please visit the Local Plan Examination Contents page.
Updates to the Local Plan
Any news or updates will be posted on the Local Plan landing page.