The Council has approved the Regulation 19 version of the Local Plan for public consultation.
The consultation period lasts for seven weeks from the 1st October to 4pm on Monday 19th November 2018.
The Council is consulting on the following documents:
- Tonbridge & Malling Borough Local Plan Regulation 19 Pre-Submission Publication (September 2018)
- Changes to the Adopted Proposals Map: Vol.1
- Changes to the Adopted Proposals Map: Vol.2
- Changes to the Adopted Proposals Map: Vol.3
- Changes to the Adopted Proposals Map: Vol.4
- Changes to the Adopted Proposals Map: Vol.5
- Changes to the Adopted Proposals Map: Vol.6
- Changes to the Adopted Proposals Map: Vol.7
- Changes to the Adopted Proposals Map: Vol.8
- The Sustainability Appraisal: Final Environmental Report
- The Habitat Regulations Assessment
The consultation documents are available for inspection at the Council offices at Kings Hill and Tonbridge Castle during normal office hours and at public libraries across the borough.
The Local Plan was informed by the following evidence.
Purpose of the consultation
The focus of this public consultation is on:
- Legal and procedural compliance of the Tonbridge & Malling Borough Local Plan
- Soundness of the Local Plan
- Whether the Local Plan is in conformity with the Duty to Cooperate
To understand how to participate in this stage of the plan-making process, please read the following documents before making a formal representation:
- Local Plan Regulation 19 Statement of Representations Procedure and Fact
- Local Plan Guidance Note for Submissions of Representations
- Local Plan: Frequently Asked Questions
How to make a representation
Before making a representation please read the guidance note.
A representation is your comment on the Local Plan. You can make your representations by using the online response form . Please note: This form has been made more user-friendly to help you share your comments.
If this is not possible, you can download and complete one of the representation forms below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Planning Policy, Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council, Gibson Building, Gibson Drive, Kings Hill, Kent ME19 4LZ.
Alternatively you can send your comments in writing to the above address. It would be helpful if your comments identified the particular topic, policy and/or site in the Local Plan that is of interest to you. Please have regard to the advice in the guidance note.
Helpful tip: You may wish to have the Local Plan open when you are making your representation so that you can cross-refer to the relevant sections.
Representations must be received by the Council by no later than 4pm on Monday 19th November 2018.
Representations received after this date may not be considered. Only representations received within this period have a statutory right to be considered by the Inspector at the Examination.
For any further queries, please e-mail: email@example.com or contact the Local Plan Team: 01732 876266.