This page provides details of the Public Hearings to be held by the Inspectors.
The Hearing sessions scheduled to take place during the weeks of 2nd November and 9th November have been cancelled. Please see the Inspectors' letter to the Council at ED67 on the Examination Documents page for further information.
Matters 2, 3 and 4 Hearing Statements
The Hearing statements can be accessed from the following pages:
Matter 1 Hearing Statements
The Hearing statements can be accessed from the Matter 1 Hearing Statements page.
Matter 1, Week 1 - News
The first week of the Hearing sessions has concluded.
Matter 1, Week 1 - Daily Participants
Matter 1 - Live Streaming
The Stage 1 Hearing sessions of the Local Plan Examination will be held virtually and will open on Tuesday 6 October at 10.00am. The Hearing sessions can all be viewed live on the Council’s YouTube channel.
Stage 1 Hearing Sessions
Stage 1 Hearing Dates:
- Tuesday 6 October, Wednesday 7 October and Thursday 8 October 2020
- Tuesday 3 November, Wednesday 4 November and Thursday 5 November 2020
- Tuesday 10 November and Wednesday 11 November 2020
These documents set out how your personal information will be used if you are taking part in the virtual hearing sessions:
Inspectors’ Matters, Issues and Questions
- ED54 Inspectors’ Additional Questions on Matter 1 and 4 on the changes to the Use Classes Order
- ED56 Amended Stage 1 Matters, Issues and Questions 2.9.20
The Inspectors have issued additional questions for Matters 1 and 4 concerning the changes to the Use Classes Order. Please see the document ED54 below for further information:
2 September 2020 - Question 8 of Matter 3 – The Metropolitan Green Belt (Policy LP3). To ensure alignment with the National Planning Policy Framework (2012) the Inspectors have amended Question 8 of Matter 3 to:
- Do the decisions taken on Green Belt releases reflect the need to assist with urban regeneration, by encouraging the recycling of derelict and other urban land? Where is this evident?
The deadlines for statements are unchanged.
- ED46 - Inspectors’ reply to points of clarification requested by Council in respect of Inspectors’ Matters, Issues and Questions for Stage 1 Hearing Sessions (ED37)
- ED47 - Re-referenced as ED50
- ED48 - Inspectors’ Matters, Issues and Questions for Stage 1 (this document is the same as ED37)
- ED50 - Inspectors' Revised Examination Guidance Notes
- 6 July 2020 - In response to the recently published 2018-based Household Projections, the Council have commissioned a housing need update, similar to Examination Library document HO1 (January 2019). The housing need update will be posted in both the Examination Documents and Examination Library during w/c 24 August 2020. Any responses to this document should be made in Hearing statements for Matter 4.
- 27 August 2020 – The latest housing need update, taking account of the 2018-based Household Projections has been published by the Council and is available from the Examination Documents and Examination Library pages
If you have any queries concerning the examination please contact the Programme Officer: Louise St John Howe
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 07789 486419.