Recent developments in the examination process.
28 September 2020
- The Inspectors’ Agendas for the first week of the Hearing sessions can be viewed on the Hearing sessions page.
14 September 2020
- The Matter 1 Hearing statements can now be viewed on the Matter 1 Hearing Statements page
2 September 2020
- Question 8 of Matter 3 – The Metropolitan Green Belt (Policy LP3)
- Do the decisions taken on Green Belt releases reflect the need to assist with urban regeneration, by encouraging the recycling of derelict and other urban land? Where is this evident?
To ensure alignment with the National Planning Policy Framework (2012) the Inspectors have amended Question 8 of Matter 3 to:
The deadlines for statements are unchanged. The Stage 1 Matters, Issues and Questions have been updated to reflect this change.
27 August 2020
- The latest housing need update, taking account of the 2018-based Household Projections has been published by the Council and is available from the Examination Documents and Examination Library pages
12 August 2020
- In consultation with the Council the Inspectors have decided that the hearing sessions in October and November will be held virtually. Please see the Hearing Sessions page for the Inspectors’ Note on the virtual sessions, the Inspectors’ additional questions for Matters 1 and 4 relating to the Use Classes Order and the Draft Stage 1 Timetable and List of Participants for the hearing sessions.
6 July 2020
- In response to the recently published 2018-based Household Projections, the Council have commissioned a housing need update, similar to Examination Library document HO1 (January 2019). The housing need update will be posted in both the Examination Documents and Examination Library during w/c 24 August 2020. Any responses to this document should be made in Hearing statements for Matter 4.
25 June 2020
- Following the postponement of the Stage 1 hearing sessions these have now been re-scheduled. Full details are available on the Hearing Sessions page.
20 May 2020
- The Inspectors have provided some points of clarification to their Matters, Issues and Questions for the Stage 1 Hearing sessions which can be viewed at ED46 in the Examination Documents. Dates for the postponed Hearing sessions have not yet been set and no deadline for Hearing statements will be set until the dates for the Hearing Sessions have been arranged. As soon as there is any further information a note will be posted here in the Latest News and Updates.
26 March 2020
- The Hearing Sessions which were scheduled to take place during May and June have had to be postponed due to Coronavirus. More details are available from the Hearings Sessions page.
10 February 2020
- Due to the previously arranged work commitments of Inspector Berkeley, it has been necessary for a different Inspector to be appointed to complete the Examination of the Local Plan with Inspector Fleming.
- Inspector Louise Crosby MA MRTPI has been appointed to conduct the Examination with Inspector Fleming. This takes place with immediate effect.
5 February 2020
- The Inspectors have set provisional dates for the Stage 1 hearing sessions during w/c 18 May 2020. For further information please see the Hearing Sessions page.
21 January 2020
- Completed representations made during the Local Plan Post-Submission Consultation are now available to read online.
23 December 2019
- The post-submission consultation on certain examination documents concluded at 4pm on Monday 23 December 2019. Further information.
28 October 2019
- The representations made on the Regulation 19 Local Plan are now searchable by policy number and/or organisation/individual name, postcode (excluding the last character) and ID number of representors who took part in the consultation. Search Regulation 19 representations.
- The Council have replied to the Inspectors' letter of 12 September (ED32). This letter can be viewed on the Examination Documents page at ED33.
13 September 2019
- The Inspectors have written to the Council and their letter can be viewed on the Examination Documents page at ED32.
8 August 2019
- The Council has submitted further responses to the Inspectors' letter of 23 May (ED14) and these can be viewed in the Examination Documents at ED23-ED31. The first group of documents submitted in response to the Inspectors' letter are also in the Examination Documents at ED19-ED19D.
10 July 2019
- The documents submitted in response to the Inspectors' letter of 23 May (ED14) can be viewed on the Examination Documents web page in the section 'Correspondence between Inspectors and Council' (see ED19-ED22).
5 June 2019
- The Council have replied to the Inspectors' letter of 23 May (ED14) and their reply can be viewed on the Examination Documents page at ED15.
31 May 2019
- The Council have written to the Inspector and their letter can be viewed in the Examination Documents at ED15.
24 May 2019
- The Inspectors have written to the Council and their letter can be viewed on the Examination Documents page at ED14.
25 April 2019
- The Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Addendum is now available and can be viewed on the Examination Documents page at ED13.
24 April 2019
The Council have written to the Inspectors and have also submitted three Topic Papers. All the documents can be viewed on the Examination Documents page and have the following references:
- ED9 - TMBC Letter to the Inspectors
- ED10 - Green Belt Exceptional Circumstances Topic Paper
- ED11 - Site Selection Topic Paper
- ED12 - Spatial Strategy Topic Paper
29 March 2019
- The Council have written to the Inspector and their letter together with the documents submitted can be viewed in the Examination Documents at ED8, ED8A and ED8B
- The redacted Regulation 19 consultation representations are available to be viewed.
8 March 2019
- The Council's response to the Inspectors' letter of the 1 March 2019 plus documents on landscaping and transport are available on the Examination Documents page
1 March 2019
- The Inspectors have written to the Council and their letter can be viewed on the Examination Documents page at ED1.