Examination Inspectors Appointed
The Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council Local Plan was submitted for examination on Wednesday 23rd January 2019 and the Secretary of State has appointed Inspectors Simon Berkeley BA MA MRTPI and Luke Fleming BSc (Hons) MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the Local Plan.
The Inspectors' task is to consider whether the plan has been prepared in accordance with the relevant legal requirements and whether the plan is sound, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 182 of the National Planning Policy Framework (March 2012 version - the Framework).
The relevant soundness criteria are whether the Local Plan is:
- positively prepared (based on a strategy that seeks to meet objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements, including unmet requirements from neighbouring authorities where it is reasonable to do so and consistent with achieving sustainable development);
- justified (the most appropriate strategy when considered against the reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence);
- effective (the plan should be deliverable over its period and based on effective joint working on cross-boundary strategic priorities); and
- consistent with national policy (the plan should enable the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in the Framework).
Louise St John Howe has been appointed as the Programme Officer. She is an independent officer of the examination and works on the Inspectors' behalf, organising and managing the administrative and procedural matters of the examination process. The Programme Officer acts as the contact for any person who has an interest in the examination, liaising between the Inspectors, Representors and Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council. Any matters that anyone wishes to raise with the Inspectors should be submitted through the Programme Officer.
Programme Officer Contact Details
- Ms. Louise St John Howe PO Box 10965, Sudbury, Suffolk Co10 3BF
- Mobile: 07789 486419
- Email: email@example.com
Local Plan Examination Contents Page
To find out news and other matters relating to the Local Plan Examination please visit the Examination Contents page.