Introduction - New Local Plan
In response to the publication of the National Planning Policy Framework in 2012, Council Members have agreed to the production of a new Local Plan.
In the interim, the suite of adopted local plans and any adopted Neighbourhood Plans will continue to represent the core of the Council's Development Plan, having been prepared under the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
- Local Plan consultation - an enhanced more user-friendly response form is now available
- Local Plan Regulation 19 Pre-Submission Publication is available for public consultation until 19th November 2018
- Revised Local Plan Timetable (March 2018) now published
- Minutes from the Planning and Transportation Advisory Board Meeting on 6 March 2018 now available
- Brownfield Land Register now published
- Annual Monitoring Report (2017) now published
- Main issues raised during the Local Plan regulation 18 consultation are available to view online
- Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Register launched
A revised timetable for the production of the Local Plan has been produced (March 2018).
Plan-Making: Current Stage
Plan-making has reached the Regulation 19 stage. The Council has approved a detailed Local Plan for public consultation. The consultation period is open until 4pm on Monday 19th November 2018.
Local Plan Position Statement
The latest edition of the Position Statement (October 2018) is now available.
To inform and shape the content of the Local Plan, several pieces of evidence have been prepared. These are available on the Local Plan Evidence page.
Plan-Making: Sustainability Appraisal
- The Sustainability Appraisal: Final Report (September 2018) is available for public comment, alongside the Regulation 19 version of the Local Plan,until 4pm on Monday 19th November 2018.
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (March 2015)
- Consultation on the Interim Sustainability Appraisal Report (September 2016) - this concluded on 25th November 2016
The Council's suite of adopted Development Plan Documents is monitored on an annual basis. The Annual Monitoring Report contains information on housing land supply. The 2017 Report is now available. More information is available from the Monitoring page.
Plan-Making: Committee Papers
Local Plan matters are reported, initially, to the Council's Planning and Transportation Advisory Board (PTAB). Further details of agendas and minutes are available from the Meetings page.
The Regulation 19 version of the Local Plan is available for public comment until 4pm on Monday 19th November 2018.
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
For the Council's current position on CIL, please visit the Community Infrastructure Levy page.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact one of the Planning Policy Team.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Planning Policy collects personal information, and what rights you have in relation to the information we hold about you.