Introduction - New Local Plan
In response to the publication of the National Planning Policy Framework, Council Members have agreed to the production of a new Local Plan.
In the interim, the suite of adopted local plans and any adopted Neighbourhood Plans will continue to represent the core of the Council's Development Plan, having been prepared under the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
- Revised Local Plan Timetable (March 2018) now published
- Minutes from the Planning and Transportation Advisory Board Meeting on 6 March 2018 now available
- Brownfield Land Register now published
- Annual Monitoring Report (2017) now published
- Main issues raised during the Local Plan regulation 18 consultation are available to view online
- Local Plan: The Way Forward consultation concluded at 5pm on Friday 25 November 2016
- Local Plan video available to watch on Youtube
- Local Plan - Frequently Asked Questions now available
- Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Register launched
A revised timetable for the production of the Local Plan has been produced (March 2018).
Plan-Making: Current Stage
Following consultation on the Reg.18 version of the Local Plan - The Way Forward - in the Autumn 2016, the Council is in the process of completing the evidence base and preparing the detailed Reg.19 version of the Local Plan which is anticipated to be consulted upon during the Autumn 2018.
To inform and shape the content of the Local Plan, several pieces of evidence have been prepared. These are available on the Local Plan Evidence page.
Plan-Making: Sustainability Appraisal
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (March 2015)
- Consultation on the Interim Sustainability Appraisal Report (September 2016) - this concluded on 25th November 2016
The Council's suite of adopted Development Plan Documents is monitored on an annual basis. The Annual Monitoring Report contains information on housing land supply. The 2017 Report is now available. More information is available from the Monitoring page.
Plan-Making: Committee Papers
Local Plan matters are reported, initially, to the Council's Planning and Transportation Advisory Board (PTAB). Further details of agendas and minutes are available from the Meetings page.
No current consultations.
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
For the Council's current position on CIL, please visit the Community Infrastructure Levy page.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact one of the Planning Policy Team.