Introduction - New Local Plan
In response to the publication of the National Planning Policy Framework, Council Members have agreed to the production of a new Local Plan.
In the interim, the suite of adopted local plans and any adopted Neighbourhood Plans will continue to represent the core of the Council's Development Plan, having been prepared under the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
- Brownfield Land Register now published
- Annual Monitoring Report (2017) now published
- Local Plan Position Statement updated to October 2017
- Main issues raised during the Local Plan regulation 18 consultation are available to view online
- Revised Local Plan timetable (July 2017) now available
- Annual Monitoring Report 2016 published
- Local Plan: The Way Forward consultation concluded at 5pm on Friday 25 November 2016
- Local Plan video now available to watch on Youtube
- Local Plan - Frequently Asked Questions now available
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment Update (September 2016) has been published
- Call for Sites - Final Assessments of Call for Sites submissions published
- Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Register launched
A revised timetable for the production of the Local Plan has been produced (July 2017).
Plan-Making: Current Stage
The Council has prepared an initial version of the Local Plan - The Way Forward - that will be made available for public consultation for an 8 week period commencing Friday 30th September and concluding on Friday 25th November 2016.
Position Statement - The Council has prepared a Position Statement that outlines the progress that has been made with the evidence gathering and highlights the current timetable (see above for details).
- Local Plan Position Statement (September 2016)
To inform and shape the content of the Local Plan, several pieces of evidence have been prepared. These are available on the Local Plan Evidence page.
Plan-Making: Sustainability Appraisal
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (March 2015)
- Consultation on the Interim Sustainability Appraisal Report (September 2016) has commenced and is open until 25th November 2016
The Council's suite of adopted Development Plan Documents is monitored on an annual basis. The Annual Monitoring Report contains information on housing land supply. The 2015 Report is now available. More information is available from the Monitoring page.
Plan-Making: Committee Papers
Local Plan matters are reported, initially, to the Council's Planning and Transportation Advisory Board (PTAB). Further details of agendas and minutes are available from the Meetings page.
Statement of Community Involvement - This sets out how the Council will engage with local communities and stakeholders on the preparation of the Local Plan.
Public consultation on the Local Plan: The Way Forward document has commenced as is open until 25th November 2016.
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
For the Council's current position on CIL, please visit the Community Infrastructure Levy page.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact one of the Planning Policy Team.