Introduction - New Local Plan
The Council has prepared a new borough-wide Local Plan focussed on the period up to 2031.
In the interim, the suite of adopted local plans and any adopted Neighbourhood Plans will continue to represent the core of the Council's Development Plan, having been prepared under the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
- Hearing Sessions in May and June 2020 postponed due to the Corona Virus
- Find out how all planning related matters affected by Covid 19 are being progressed at this current time
- Updated Local Plan Timetable (March 2020) now published
- Housing Land Supply Position as at 31st March 2019 is now available
- Completed representations made during the Local Plan Post-Submission Consultation are now available to read online
- Local Plan Examination contents page now available
- Local Plan Examination Library now available, including the submitted Local Plan
- Local Plan Regulation 19 - Specific consultation bodies representations now available to view
- Local Plan submitted for examination
- Local Plan Regulation 19 Pre-Submission Publication - Consultation closed at 4pm on 19th November 2018
- Brownfield Land Register now published
- Annual Monitoring Report (2017) now published
- Main issues raised during the Local Plan regulation 18 consultation are available to view online
- Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Register launched
Plan-Making: Local Plan Examination
Two inspectors have been formally appointed to examine the soundness of the submitted Plan. More details are available from the Local Plan Examination Contents page.
Plan-Making: Local Plan Examination Library
The submitted Local Plan, studies and other pieces of evidence are now all available in one place in the Examination Library.
An updated timetable for the Local Plan has been produced (March 2020).
To inform and shape the content of the Local Plan, several pieces of evidence have been prepared. These are available on the Local Plan Evidence page.
Plan-Making: Sustainability Appraisal
- The Sustainability Appraisal: Final Report (September 2018)
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (March 2015)
- Consultation on the Interim Sustainability Appraisal Report (September 2016) - this concluded on 25th November 2016
The Council's suite of adopted Development Plan Documents is monitored on an annual basis. The Annual Monitoring Report contains information on housing land supply. The Housing Land Supply Position as at 31st March 2019 is now available. More information is available from the Monitoring page.
Plan-Making: Committee Papers
Local Plan matters are reported, initially, to the Council's Planning and Transportation Advisory Board (PTAB). Further details of agendas and minutes are available from the Meetings page.
Consultation on the Regulation 19 version of the Local Plan concluded at 4pm on Monday 19th November 2018.
Consultation on the Local Plan has been informed and shaped by the Statement of Community Involvement (SCI).
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
For the Council's current position on CIL, please visit the Community Infrastructure Levy page.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact one of the Planning Policy Team.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Planning Policy collects personal information, and what rights you have in relation to the information we hold about you.