Adopted Core Strategy
The Core Strategy was adopted by the Council on 25 September 2007. The Core Strategy is a key planning document under the new planning regime. It sets out the Council's vision, aims and objectives which will determine the future pattern of development in the Borough over the period up until 2021 and the way in which the social, economic and environmental needs of the area can be delivered in the most sustainable way.
- Adopted Core Strategy (370 kb)
- Annex A - Planning Policy Guidance Notes and Planning Policy Statements (80 kb)
- Annex B - Other Planning Policies and Strategies (91 kb)
- Annex C - Housing Trajectory (90 kb)
- Annex D - Monitoring and Delivery(61 kb)
- Annex E - Performance Indicators (98 kb)
- Annex F - Glossary and Abbreviations (76kb)
- Key Diagram(154 kb)
- Local Plan Proposals Map - illustrating the policies in the Core Strategy
In support of achieving Policy CP1 of the Core Strategy, several technical guides to Renewable Energy Technologies have been produced by the Council.
- Guides on Saving Water at Home and Sustainable Drainage Systems
- Guides to Renewable Energy Technologies
- Core Strategy Adoption Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal/Strategic Environmental Assessment Adoption Statement (98 kb)