Inspector's Report Published
Sound Core Strategy
The Inspector's Report into the Public Examination of the Core Strategy has been received. The Inspector has found the Core Strategy to be sound subject to certain changes.
In particular, she recommends that the Council should revert to the Local Plan policy for safeguarded land and that the Special Landscape Area should be deleted.
The Inspector's recommendations are binding. The Core Strategy must therefore now be adopted by the Council taking on board her recommendations. The matter is to be considered by the Council's Cabinet on 5 September with a view to the adoption of the Core Strategy by Council on 25th September 2007.
- Inspector's Report (654 kb)
Adopted Core Strategy
The Core Strategy was adopted by the Council on 25 September 2007.
Pre-Examination Meeting: Tonbridge Central Area Action Plan (TCAAP) and the Development Land Allocations DPD
The Pre-Examination Meeting for the Tonbridge Central Area Action Plan (TCAAP) and the Development Land Allocations (DLA) Development Plan Documents (DPDs) is scheduled to take place on Tuesday 4th September 2007 at the Council's Offices, Kings Hill. For further details on the Examination for the Tonbridge TCAAP. For further details on the Examination for the DLA DPD.
Laura Graham (BSc MA MRTPI), an inspector with the Planning Inspectorate, has been appointed to conduct the Examinations and determine whether the TCAAP and the DLA DPD are sound.
- Briefing Note from the Inspector (157kb).
For further details on the Public Examinations and the Pre-Examination Meeting please do not hesitate to contact the Programme Officer, Lynette Benton.
- Letter from the Programme Officer on the Public Examinations (31/01/07) (72 kb)
- Library Documents List (68 kb)
- CS01 - Housing Land (173 kb)
- CS02 - Green Belt and Safeguarded Land (146 kb)
- CS03 - Settlement Strategy (135 kb)
- CS03 - Settlement Strategy: Annex A (1.17 mb)
- CS04 - Isles Quarry West (1.08 mb)
- CS05 - Affordable Housing (266 kb)
- CS06 - Strategic Gap (100 kb)
- CS07 - Special Landscape Areas (1.15 mb)
- CS08 - Employment Policy (115 kb)
- CS09 - Retail (460 kb)
- CS10 - Omissions (102 kb)
- CS11 - General Issues (110 kb)
- CS12 - Changes to Policies (185 kb)
- CS13 - Changes to Text (124 kb)
- CS01 - Housing Land (283 kb)
- CS02A - Land at Lower Haysden Lane (78 kb)
- CS02C - Carpenters Lane, Hadlow (60 kb)
- CS02E - Bushey Wood Area of Opportunity (91 kb)
- CS03 - Settlement Strategy (296 kb)
- CS04 - Isles Quarry West (418 kb)
- CS05 - Affordable Housing (60 kb)
- CS06 - Strategic Gap (677 kb)
- CS08 - Employment Policy (95 kb)
- CS09 - Retail (74 kb)
- CS10 - Rural Workers Housing (242 kb)
- CS11 Time Horizon (53 kb)