Try Angle Awards
These awards were introduced in 1994 to raise the profile of people aged 11-18 or who are special needs aged up to 25 in the community who really try, often with little recognition, to do their best. Every young person nominated is recognised for their nomination, panels will select district finalists in each category and the overall 24 Spirit Finalists will be invited to the Spirit of Try Angle County final in November.
- Arts - recognising personal achievement in the arts, in any form.
- Music - recognising personal achievement in music in any form.
- Sport or outdoor activities - recognising personal achievement in a sport or outdoor activity, demonstrating sportsmanship, fair play and commitment.
- Community action - recognising the contribution made to the community or in such initiatives as school councils, youth forums, charities or environmental projects.
- Good friends and young carers - recognising those who spend time being a good friend or carer to another in their family or the local community.
- Personal development - recognising special achievement in education, training, or other activities not covered in other categories.
- Courage - recognising acts of courage displayed in coping bravely with illness or other adversity.
- Positive intervention - recognising an intervention where an individual or group has prevented harm, bullying, discrimination or damage.
Voting for the 2019 nominations are now open and will close on the 30 April 2019.
For more information please visit www.kent.gov.uk/tryangle
Young Achievers Award
The Young Achievers Award was introduced by Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council in 2004 to acknowledge the achievements and promote a positive image of young people within the borough.
The Awards will be presented regularly to a young person or group of young people who have achieved something truly outstanding in sport, art or citizenship.
- Robbie Swift - Windsurfing - 2003
- Katie Charlton - Ballet - 2004
- Phil Quaife - Racing Driver - 2007
- Tom Hooper - Citizenship (TM Youth Forum) - 2007
- Roper Peckham Cooper - Citizenship (TM Youth Forum) - 2007
- Jack Green - Athletics - 2011
- Robbie Farnham Rose - Athletics - 2011
- Alex Rolfe - Citizenship (TM Youth Forum) - 2013
- Holly Thompson - Dance - 2014
Criteria for the Young Achievers Award:
- 25 years of age or under
- A resident of Tonbridge and Malling
- Outstanding success in sport or arts
- Outstanding contribution to the borough
Members of the public, including parents, teachers and sports coaches can nominate young people for the Young Achievers Award.
Please complete the nomination form and return to us.