The sportsground is open for your daily exercise.
The play area, ball court and skatepark are open. Please read the guidance which you should follow in order to safely use the equipment.
Please avoid busy areas and continue to follow the social distancing rules which help protect you and others from coronavirus. We will keep these arrangements under review and adjust our approach in line with any changes in national guidance.
Tonbridge Farm Sportsground covers an area of approximately 24 hectares (59 acres) and is located to the north of Tonbridge town centre.
The sportsground land, which was originally farmland, was acquired by the Council to replace land lost due to town centre redevelopment in the 1980's. Tonbridge Bowling Club, Tonbridge Cricket Club and Tonbridge Angels Football Club were originally located near the town centre, where the main car park, Angel Centre and shops are now located. The clubs were all re-located to Tonbridge Farm Sportsground, with a purpose made public sportsground provided alongside these facilities. The sportsground was officially opened in 1984. Since that time we have worked in partnership with Tonbridge Sports Association to enhance the sportsground for the benefit of sports clubs and the wider public but always having sports use as a primary purpose of the site.
This sportsground has:
- all weather floodlight training area big enough for two five-a-side pitches
- seven football pitches
- a large modern changing facility/pavilion with eight changing rooms, new showers and extractor fans for club use only
- one main cricket wicket
- a five-a-side football area
- a ball court for basketball and football (floodlit for evening use)
- a skate park with ramps, grind rails, and jumps (floodlit for evening use) for skateboarders, in line skating and BMXers.
- a large toddler to teenager play area with many accessible features
- seating, including picnic seating, it may be possible to sponsor a seat.
- a network of paths, many lined with hedgerows and inter-planted with trees.
- water in and around it, water safety should be considered when visiting this sports ground.
- dog waste bins. Dogs are allowed in accordance with the Dog Control Orders.
- Fires including barbecues
- Unauthorised boating
- Model boating
- Motorbikes other than in the car park
Some of the clubs that use this sportsground
- Tonbridge Angels Football Club. Longmead Stadium is a 2500 capacity football ground with stands, floodlighting, and associated buildings. This area is owned by us and leased to the football club
- Tonbridge Bowling Club is an outdoor lawn bowling club with purpose built clubhouse. This area is owned by us and leased to the bowling club.
- Tonbridge Cricket Club Poplar Meadow, which is at the southern area of Tonbridge Farm Sportsground, and the cricket pavilion are both owned by us and leased to the cricket club.
- Artois Utd Football Club
- Cowdrey Cricket Club
- Dowgate Football Club
- Foresters Cricket Club
- Hildenborough Athletic Football Club
- Six in One Football Club
- Tonbridge Baptist Football Club
- Tonbridge Invicta Junior Football Club