Grass cutting

Last Updated:

Kent County Council (KCC) are responsible for maintenance of highway verges. These areas of grass or shrubs can usually be found immediately adjacent to the highway both along main roads and within residential areas. Any issues on these areas of land, for example if the grass has not been cut or shrubs need pruning, you will need to contact the call centre at KCC Highway Services on 03000 418181. The Call Centre operates 24 hours a day, every day and will be able to deal with your request.

Areas where we cut grass

The Borough cuts grass at the following locations:

  • Public open spaces (including sports grounds) and amenity areas owned by Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council (TMBC), for example Tonbridge Racecourse, Tonbridge Farm, Frogs Bridge and Swanmead sports grounds, Holly Hill Woods and Taddington Valley.
  • Country Parks owned by TMBC - Haysden Country Park and Leybourne Lakes Country Park.

Areas where we do not cut grass

As well as highway verges the Borough Council does not cut the following:

  • Privately owned land
  • Russet Homes (and any other housing association) land
  • Public open spaces and amenity areas owned by Parish councils
  • Public open spaces, Country Parks and amenity areas owned by Kent County Council