We want to make sure that people have the opportunity to reach their potential and that our services meet their needs. We will achieve this through our roles as a community leader, service provider and employer.
A summary of our draft objectives for 2016-20 is:
- As a community leader, we will advance equality of opportunity for those living within Snodland, East Malling and Trench to achieve better outcomes in relation to health, employment and education.
- As a service provider, we will advance equality of opportunity by increasing the number of customers with a disability who are able to use our services regardless of the method they use to access the service.
- As a service provider, we will advance equality of opportunity by increasing uptake of the assisted waste collection ("pull out") service where needed.
- As an employer, we will eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation by giving staff and Members the necessary skills and understanding to promote equality and diversity in both service delivery and employment.
Our annual reports also give information about the actions we have taken in previous years:
- Annual Report 2014/15
- Equality Action Plan Progress Report 2013-14
- Equality Action Plan Progress Report 2012-13
- Equality Action Plan Progress Report 2011-12