Empty homes are a wasted housing resource which can be unsightly, have a negative effect on the neighbourhood and lower the value of neighbouring properties. We want to bring these homes back into use and create a better neighbourhood and environment.
If you have an empty home
We want to work with you to bring the property back in to use and we can give free advice on matters such as property renovation, energy efficiency, letting and managing your property and the minimum housing standards required for letting your property. Additionally through the Kent Empty Property Initiative no-use-empty there is:
- No Use Empty loan to bring the property up to the Decent Homes Standard
- Help with finding good quality building contractors.
- Access to landlord rental guides.
- Free buy to let calculator.
- Case studies of properties brought back into use.
- Over 250 useful links and contact numbers in the empty property sector
Assistance available to help if you have an empty home
Where you own an empty property and want to renovate it to move in yourself we may be able to offer Home Improvement Assistance of up to a maximum of £10,000 where the property has been empty for more than six months and works are required to bring it up to a Decent Homes standard.
Please note you should not be in Council Tax arrears and the assistance is repayable on sale of your property. Contact the private sector housing team on 01732 876395 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.