Empty homes are a wasted housing resource which can be unsightly, have a negative effect on the neighbourhood and lower the value of neighbouring properties. We want to bring these homes back into use and create a better neighbourhood and environment.
If you own an empty home
We want to work with you to bring the property back in to use. We can give free advice on matters such as property renovation, energy efficiency, letting and managing your property and the minimum housing standards required for letting your property.
Through the Kent Empty Property Initiative, no-use-empty, there is:
- Financial help to carry out renovation and improvement works
- Help with finding good quality building contractors
- Access to landlord rental guides
- Free buy to let calculator
- Case studies of properties brought back into use
- Over 250 useful links and contact numbers in the empty property sector
Assistance available to help if you have an empty home
If you own a property that has been empty for six months or more and you want to renovate it to move in yourself, we may be able to offer financial assistance (maximum of £10,000).
Please note you should not be in Council Tax arrears and the assistance is repayable when you sell the property. For further information, please contact the private sector housing team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01732 876067.