The Council runs many health initiatives and programmes aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of the population of Tonbridge & Malling. One You is a Public Health England campaign which aims to help adults make small changes that can improve their health and lifestyle.
The Council aims to support residents towards healthier lifestyles by:
- Supporting people in leading a healthier lifestyle by encouraging them to make behaviour changes that can improve, delay or prevent the onset of health conditions such as; Type 2 Diabetes, risk of Dementia, Cardiovascular disease, Cancers and more.
- Giving people the knowledge to understand the impact that unhealthy behaviours can have on the above mentioned conditions
- Advise people to be mindful of alcohol intake and smoking levels and assist with reducing these where appropriate.
- Offering NHS Health Checks that can help with identifying risk factors such as high blood pressure or cholesterol.
- Encouraging individuals to increase their physical activity levels by participating in community based activities or health walks to reduce sedentary behaviour.
- Helping people to find and access mental health and wellbeing services locally.
If you'd like to start your journey to a healthier you, you can sign up to see a OneYou adviser using our referral form.
Everyday habits and behaviours, such as eating too much unhealthy food, drinking more than is recommended, continuing to smoke and not being active enough, are responsible for around 40% of all deaths in England, and costs the NHS more than £11 billion a year.
We are working with the Public Health Teams from KCC and other health partners on a number of health improvement programmes and initiatives. These include:
- Adult Weight Management Programmes
- Family Weight Management Programmes
- NHS Health Checks
- Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Physical Activity
- Stop Smoking Initiatives
- Alcohol Intake
By working with other organisations, we are able to contribute to addressing national targets, as well as improving the health of residents in the borough.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when the OneYou Heath team collects personal information, and what rights you have in relation to the information we hold about you.