Do you want to save on your energy bill and generate your own clean electricity? Having your own solar panels can be a smart investment; not only can you save on your energy bill, but you will be powering your home with clean energy.
Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council is working in partnership with Kent County Council on an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels to help deliver our aspiration to become a carbon neutral borough by 2030.
Solar Together Kent is a group buying scheme run by iChoosr, bringing together households to get high quality solar panels at a highly competitive price.
The Solar Together Kent scheme helps you through the process, keeping you informed at every stage.
If you already have solar panels installed you can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system, simply select this option on the website when registering as explained below.
You can register today
How does it work?
1. Registration: you can register before 6 October 2020 for free and without obligation at Solar Together Kent . To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
2. Auction: a supplier ‘auction’ will be held on 6 October 2020, when our pre-vetted solar suppliers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
3. Personal recommendation: from 26 October 2020 you will be contacted with a personal recommendation, based on your registration details. This includes the costs and specification of your solar panel installation.
4. You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 11 December 2020 to decide and will be invited to visit an information session.
5. Installation: if you accept, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of May 2021.
Find out more
For more information visit Solar Together Kent where you can register for the scheme and leave questions in the contact form. A freephone helpline is available to answer any further questions.