The Saturday bulky waste service is provided for the disposal of household waste, including bulky items. In this service you can take your waste to a parked refuse freighter at a number of locations across the borough.
Please note that the schedule runs on a 4-week cycle. When a month has five Saturdays, the service is not normally run on the fifth Saturday, apart from after Easter & Christmas Bank Holidays.
Saturday Bulky Service - Aylesford
Due to road and construction works with association with the M20, it has been necessary to relocate the collection point from Teapot Lane (Opposite Aylesford Station) to the collection site at the Royal British Legion Village (Admiral Moore Drive) . Listed below are the dates and times.
No collections at Teapot Lane in October or November but at the RBLV site there will be a collection on -
- 06/10/18 @ 09:00 – 10:00 am
- 13/10/18 @ 09:15 – 10:15 am
- 03/11/18 @ 09:00 – 10:00 am
- 10/11/18 @ 09:15 – 10:15 am
Kings Hill - Crispin Way site
Due to major works being carried out in the Crispin Way area, our Saturday Freighter Service will not be able to park there until the works have been completed, currently expected to be August 2018. As a result we are providing an alternative site at TMBC's offices in Gibson Drive (ME19 4LZ). The freighter will still visit on the same scheduled Saturdays and at the same time (10.30am to 11.30am).
The following items cannot be collected by the Saturday Service
- Builders' waste, concrete and similar waste
- Vehicle parts - including tyres, engines or batteries
- Oil, paint or other chemicals
- Soil, rubble or bricks
- Glazed windows or toughened glass
- Gas Bottles and Fluorescent tubes
We also provide a service which can collect electrical items and scrap metal for recycling. A smaller vehicle will park next to the Saturday freighter at all sites. It will collect any of these items for recycling:
- Small household appliances (kettles, electric toothbrushes, alarm clocks, etc)
- Large household appliances (cookers, fridge/freezers, washing machines, etc)
- Electronic games & toys
- TV's, monitors and computers
- Batteries, including car batteries
- All metals
If in any doubt of whether or not your items can be taken by this service, please contact the Waste Services team for advice before visiting the Saturday Service.
Large items (such as bed bases and wardrobes) should be broken down in advance as these may damage the freighter's moving parts if placed into the vehicle in one piece.
Please do not leave any waste at the site as this will not be collected and will be treated as fly-tipping. Enforcement actions may follow, including fines of up to £50,000 or a five year prison sentence.