Most homes are provided with the following containers for rubbish and recycling collections:
- Black bin for non recyclable household waste.
- If your property is not suitable for a black bin you will have a black sack collection.
- Properties with communal bins and or bin stores may be provided with larger shared bins or individual wheeled bins depending on circumstances and space available. Where space permits we may also be able to provide containers for paper and cans for shared use.
- Green-lidded bin for garden, food and cardboard waste.
- Green box for paper and cans
Black bin service
Your black bin is collected fortnightly with your green-lidded bin and green box collected on the alternate week. Order a black bin for new property or repair a damaged bin
- We only collect waste that fits within the black bin.
- Do not place soil, rubble, hot ashes or garden waste in your black bin.
- Do not place tins with paint or liquid in your black bin as these may leak from the vehicle.
- Place your bin at the boundary of your property by 7am.
- Do not leave your bin on the street after collection day.
You will only have a sack collection if your property is not suitable for wheeled bins. Your sacks will be collected weekly and your green box fortnightly
- We will collect up to six black sacks of household waste per collection.
- Do not place soil, rubble, hot ashes or garden waste in your black sacks.
- Do not place tins with paint or liquid in your black sacks as these may leak from the vehicle.
- Present your sacks at the boundary of your property by 7am.
Communal Bins / Bin stores for flats, apartments and other shared facilities
- We only collect waste that is contained within the bin (large communal bin or individual wheeled bins).
- We do not collect waste that is outside of the bins, on top of the bins, on the floor or outside of the bin store / area. (If waste is left outside bins and blocks access to bins, this may lead to delays in emptying).
- Where we have provided bins or green boxes for recycling paper or cans we will not empty them if they have the wrong items or general waste in them.
- We do not normally provide green-lidded bins for compostable waste (garden,food or cardboard) to these types of properties.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss further please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All the waste collected in black bins or sacks is taken to the Energy-from-Waste plant at Allington, where it is burnt to create electricity.
If you cannot fit all your waste in the black bin you may;
- recycle more using your green box, green-lidded bin, recycling sites or the "tip"
- Use our other services to get rid of your bulky waste
- Apply for a larger bin
- Report a Missed Bin
If you are unable to put your bin at the property because of an infirmity or disability we can provide a "pull-out" service. In this service we agree a suitable location on your property where the bins will be collected from and returned to the same location. Contact us if you need this service.