In addition to the Borough Council services (welfare reform advice, housing, benefits, waste collection, parking, etc), and Kent County Council services (highways, education, social services, libraries, etc) many Partner organisations hold surgeries and advice sessions at the Gateway as follows:
- Offering help and guidance to carers of all age groups.
- By appointment (Telephone: 0300 303 1555) on Tuesdays (except 3rd in the month) from 9.00am to 1.00pm.
- Advice, information and useful equipment to assist deaf and hard-of-hearing.
- Second Tuesday of each month 2pm-3pm. Telephone 01622 691151.
- Website www.hikent.org.uk
Kent County Council Contact Centre
- Blue badge/Highway advice.
- Monday to Saturday, all day.
- Telephone 03000 41 41 41.
- Website www.kent.gov.uk
Kent Supported Employment
- Helping people with disabilities get and keep jobs.
- Every Wednesday 9am- 1pm and Fridays 2pm-4.30pm by appointment only - telephone 01732 525006.
NHS Stop Smoking Service
- Offering help and guidance to those wishing to quit smoking.
- By appointment (Telephone: 0300 123 1220) Tuesdays from 10.00am to 1.00pm.
Royal British Legion - Tonbridge Branch
- Help and advice for ex-service personnel and their families.
- Although not based in Gateway, we work in partnership with the RBL who offer advice on a wide variety of issues.
- For more information telephone - 0808 1914218
West Kent ILS
- Help & advice for adults with learning disabilities.
- Advisor available every Monday 9.30am - 4pm. (From 4th July 9 to 12.30)
- For further information please call the Lifechoice office on 03000 411345.
The following Partners are not regularly at Gateway but can be by appointment:
Kent Community Wardens & T&M Community Safety
- Help with any community safety matters.
- For an appointment please call 01732 876149.
- Every Wednesday 3pm-5pm where possible.
- Help and advice for victims of crime.
- For an appointment please ring 0845 3030900.
West Kent Debt Advice
- Extensive help for people with debt issues.
- For an appointment - contact email@example.com. Telephone 01732 300425.
Kent Support & Assistance Service
KSAS offer support you if you are having serious difficulties managing your income or if you are facing exceptional pressures because of an emergency or crisis. They can be contacted at: http://www.kent.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/support-in-your-own-home/home-essentials-in-a-crisis
or by email:firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0300 333 5700.
Carers & Cared For
A new voluntary dementia support service for carers and those they care for is to be provided in Tonbridge. The aim is to provide an opportunity and atmosphere were carers can relax and talk to others in a similar situation, sharing experience, discussing problems and, hopefully, finding answers or coping mechanisms to help.
- In the Refresh café area of St Stephens Church, Tonbridge, TN9 2SW.
- Every Friday from 10 am to 11.30 am from 5th of June 2015 onward.
- For further information, please contact Susan Killick at email@example.com or on 01732 771825.
Citizens Advice Bureau
We also work in partnership with Citizens Advice who are now based in Tonbridge Castle. They offer advice on a wide variety of issues. For more information telephone - 0300 330 9001 or visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk .