Complaints - write to us

Last Updated:

Writing to us

You can write to us in various ways:

  • By completing our on-line complaints form.
  • By e-mailing the service concerned. Services and their e-mail addresses are listed in the table below.
  • By letter. Please post this to the appropriate Service at our main offices: Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council, Gibson Drive, Kings Hill, West Malling, ME19 4LZ.

At each Stage (1, 2 or 3), when writing, always give your name, postal address and full details of the problem, including its location if different from your address.

At each Stage (1, 2, or 3), if you write to us, we will reply in writing and:

  • Send an acknowledgement on the same or the next working day that we receive your complaint.
  • Provide either a full response or a progress report within 10 working days of receiving your complaint. Where a progress report is necessary we will explain the reasons for the delay, what is going to happen and when.

Executive Services (including: crime & disorder reduction, media & communications, electoral registration and economic development):

Central Services (including: land charges/searches, and licensing):

Street Scene, Leisure & Technical Services (including: street cleaning, waste collection and recycling, leisure centres, country parks, public car parks, on-street car parking and CCTV): or or

Financial & Transformation Services (including: business rates, council tax, housing/council tax benefits and benefit fraud):

Planning, Housing & Environmental Health (including: development and building control, public and on-street car parking, housing advice and homelessness): or

For complaints in connection with Highways matters please go to .