Last Updated:

Registration of Marriage

A valid wedding must be solemnised in a place that has been sanctioned according to the law for the celebration of marriages after legal preliminaries have been observed.

For all marriages (except those taking place in the Church of England or Church in Wales) legal preliminaries must take place at a register office before the wedding takes place.

Formal notice of intention to marry can be given up to 12 months before the wedding.

Further Information

More detailed information about your legal obligations.

Your wedding in the Tonbridge and Malling district