On 25 June 2019, the Borough Council adopted its new Economic Regeneration Strategy for the period 2019-2023. The strategy builds upon the achievements of the 2015-2019 strategy and sets out a vision which aims to:
"Maximise the unique strengths of the local area to help create a resilient, dynamic and inclusive economy that fosters sustainable growth in the borough"
In order to achieve this, a number of key objectives, each underpinned by a number of activities are set out:
- Planning for economic growth through the delivery of new employment sites and the protection of existing sites - most notably through the Local Plan process.
- Obtaining funding for key infrastructure, be it through developer contributions or Central Government - particularly in helping to bring forward flood defence schemes and much needed investment in our transport infrastructure.
- Embracing the skills and work-readiness agenda, to help our young people obtain the right skills they need and to help residents find sustainable employment.
- Creating an environment that supports local business, through the provision of networking events, information sharing, business advice and funding, and suitable premises.
- Helping our town centres to become resilient during a time of change and evolve to meet the needs of the modern consumer.
- Promoting the visitor economy to raise awareness of the fantastic tourism assets we have on our doorstep.
- Supporting the rural economy and lobbying on broadband issues to ensure that our rural businesses do not get left behind.
If you have any questions about the strategy or would like to get involved in any of the activities set out in the action plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org