Apprenticeships In Kent
Apprenticeships are a great way to grow your own skilled workforce, whilst giving someone a chance to enter into a career. Hiring an apprentice can be very rewarding and they can bring fresh ideas and energise your existing workforce. Hiring an apprentice can give you the opportunity to have a greater influence in the kind of employee they will become. You will have the chance to mould your team member to your ways of working and the values of your business.
Since April 2017 several improvements to apprenticeships have been introduced. The Apprenticeship Levy is a major change to apprenticeship funding, with large employers with an annual payroll of over £3million being required to invest 0.5% of their payroll into a central fund.
In addition, for the first time your company can:
- Hire apprentices of all ages.
- Commission apprenticeship training geared to your business needs
- Upskill existing staff - using money from the fund to offer higher and degree-level apprenticeships to your current workforce.
- Partner with specialist training providers to create a structured Apprenticeship and School Leaver Programme tailored to your individual needs.
- Take advantage of up to 800 new apprenticeship standards (describing the skills, knowledge and behaviours and individual needs for a specific occupation)
For more information go to the Apprentice Kent website.