Need help with starting or growing your business?
Kent and Medway Growth Hub
The Kent and Medway Growth Hub signposts to a range of information aimed at helping to support and grow your business.
West Kent Programme - National Centre for Micro-Business
Funded through the West Kent Partnership, the National Centre for Micro-Business provides up to two hours free business advice and support to pre-start, start-up and small businesses. There are a number of dates available at their clinics in Tonbridge, Kings Hill and Sevenoaks, so why not book up a session ?
Manufacturing Growth Programme
The Manufacturing Growth Programme is aimed at supporting small and medium sized enterprises in the manufacturing sector (including the food and drink sector) with grants of up to £2,000 towards consultancy advice that will help growth within the business.
Help with Exporting
If you are looking to start exporting or increase your current exporting activity, there is plenty of excellent information on the Exporting is Great website.
More locally, Kent International Business have a range of events and information that are aimed at helping businesses looking to export overseas.
Better Business for All
This initiative is designed to help improve the way regulation is delivered in order to ease the burden on local businesses and help stimulate economic growth. Useful information is available on the BBFA website, including the information pack for start up businesses.
Business and Networking Events
The borough council runs a series of business networking events. To find out more go to our business events webpage.
The West Kent Business Doctor also delivers regular seminars that can help you tackle all aspects of business development. To find out more, go to the Business Doctors website.
West Kent Chamber of Commerce (WKCCI) organises regular networking events in Tonbridge. During the course of 2018, there are a series of free monthly half day workshops on a range of business issues. In addition, WKCCI has a free business support helpline as well as offering the opportunity to book individual consultations with various professional advisors.
- A government advice service offers a range of useful information.
- The Entrepreneur Handbook provides expert advice on all aspects of starting and growing a business.
- Growing Businesses can get a wealth of advice from the HSBC Knowledge Centre
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAEW) offers a range of business support
- Job Centre Plus has information on recruitment and staffing matters for business.
- Digital.Com provides a range of information for small businesses.
- Shell LiveWIRE helps 16-30 year olds to start and develop their own business.
- The Ultimate Guide to Basic Business Accounting
- Making Tax Digital
- An online service for start-ups, covering issues ranging from raising finance to dealing with tax visit is available.
- Kent County Council provides support and help for businesses.
- Fill in the online request for further advice.