To provide care

Last Updated:

When a property is usually only occupied by one person and that person has left their home to live elsewhere in order to provide personal care for someone else, the unoccupied property may be exempt from council tax.

The address they move to does not have to be the same as that which the person they are providing care for is living in, but they must be better able to provide the care from the new address rather than from their own home.

If you think your property should be exempt from council tax please email us. Alternatively, you can contact the council tax team on 01732 876388.