If your property is empty, there is no discount available.
- If you move home you can advise us by using the moving home within the borough form or moving home out of the borough form on our website or by calling the Council Tax office on 01732 876388
- Landlords can advise of tenancy changes by email or by calling the Council Tax office on 01732 876388
- If you are unsure whether you are entitled to a discount you can email or telephone the Council Tax office on 01732 876388 for advice. Please give as much information as you can about the circumstances.
Properties that have been empty for longer than two years will be charged a premium of 100%.
If your property is empty and you do not already have plans for bringing your home back into use, we want to help. We can offer free advice and guidance to help identify the best options available including:
- Free advice on renovation works where the property is in a poor condition.
- 'No Use Empty' loan - Interest free loans may be available up to a maximum of £25,000 where the property has been empty for six months or longer, subject to terms and conditions.