If your property is empty, there is no discount available.
If you would like to tell us you have moved, you can do so by registering for an online Citizen Access account.
- If you are unsure whether you are entitled to a discount you can email or telephone the Council Tax office on 01732 876388 for advice. Please give as much information as you can about the circumstances.
Properties that have been empty for more than two years will be charged the following additional premiums:
- Empty for more than two years 100% additional premium
- Empty for more than five years 200% additional premium
- Empty for more than ten years 300% additional premium
If your property is empty and you do not already have plans for bringing your home back into use, we want to help. We can offer free advice and guidance to help identify the best options available including:
- Free advice on renovation works where the property is in a poor condition.
- 'No Use Empty' loan - Interest free loans may be available up to a maximum of £25,000 where the property has been empty for six months or longer, subject to terms and conditions.