If your income has been affected by Coronavirus and you are unable to pay your council tax, there are several options:
- The Government recently announced £150 help towards your Council Tax if you get help through Council Tax Reduction. It will automatically be applied to your account in the near future. You will receive a new bill showing this.
- If your savings are below £16,000 you may be entitled to Council Tax Reduction based on your household income. To estimate your entitlement you can do so on our online calculator
- If you do qualify for help towards paying your Council Tax, you can make a claim online
- If your savings are above £16,000 or you don’t qualify for Council Tax Reduction, but your income has dropped or you are experiencing cash flow problems you can contact us and we can either reduce your instalments temporarily, or spread them over 12 months rather than the usual 10 months. To discuss your Council Tax instalments please email email@example.com
- If you are still struggling to make payments during this time please email giving us details of your situation to see what additional help we can provide. Alternatively you can go to Citizens Advice for help
- If you would like to talk through your options our Customer Services Team will help on 01732 876388