If you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and have been told to self-isolate, you may be entitled to financial support.
Test and Trace Support Payment
If you meet all of the following eligibility criteria, you are entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500:
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace on or after 28 September 2020.
- You are employed or self-employed.
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result.
- You are currently receiving at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
You may be eligible for a £500 discretionary payment if you meet all the other eligibility criteria above, but:
- you do not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit; and
- you will face financial hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self-isolating.
This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.
Making an Application
Please ensure that you have the below information available before starting the application:
- National Insurance number
- Your 8-character NHS Test and Trace Account ID
- Your most recent bank statement, wage slip or proof of self-employment
Once you have the above details to hand, please complete the application form.
Who is not eligible?
You will not be eligible for the scheme if you:
- Are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period).
- Continue to receive full wages while you self-isolate.
- Can work from home during a period of self-isolation.
- Are no longer required to self-isolate i.e. your period of self-isolation ended before the Self-Isolation Payment Scheme launched (28 September 2020)
- Have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate. Eligible individuals can make a claim up to 14 days after their period of self-isolation ended. If you think you may be entitled to financial support in the form of the Test and Trace Support Payment, please complete this form and supply the supporting evidence as detailed.
- You may face prosecution if you have manipulated or falsified your position in order to obtain these payments, including failure to self-isolate which puts others at risk. Any payment made as a result of fraud may be subject to claw back, as may any grants paid in error.
- The Government is supporting Local Councils to make the necessary checks to ensure payments can be verified and have been made correctly.
The information you submit here will be processed by Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council. We need your consent so that we can access your records in the NHS Test and Trace system to confirm that you are eligible for the Self-Isolation / Test and Trace Payment Scheme. You can find more information on this via the NHS Test and Trace Privacy Notice
More information about services that may be available to you can be found on our Coronavirus page.