Last Updated: 25 Mar 2019 2:31pm
Haysden Country Park has received positive and encouraging results from a user survey.
The survey, which was carried out on behalf of Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council, involved just over 400 face-to-face interviews with visitors to the park over a 15 day period. 99.5 per cent of those who took part in the survey expressed satisfaction with their visit overall. This represents an increase of 2.5 per cent since the last survey in 2013.
The five features of Haysden Country Park to receive the highest satisfaction rating were:
* Attractiveness of the park
* Refreshment facilities
* The sense of security and safety at the park
* The children's play area
* Cleanliness of the park
The survey results also highlighted the following reasons why people visit the facility:
* To enjoy the countryside
* To watch wildlife
* To sit and relax
* To use the play facilities
* To walk /walk the dog
Although a very high satisfaction rating was achieved for Haysden Country Park, a number of potential improvements were also identified, these include:
* To provide under cover seating at the refreshment facility - the catering unit moved from a mobile facility to a permanent building in 2017 and is now open all year round. This has presented new challenges in colder months and wet weather.
* To expand the children’s play area - the satisfaction levels for the children's play area were 97 per cent though it is acknowledged that there is scope for further expansion and this will be reviewed.
* Condition of paths for people with disabilities - facilities for people with disabilities scored 80 per cent satisfaction in the survey however specific comments received relate to the condition of the paths. The Council will now undertake an access audit at the park with a focus on conditions of paths.
Robert Styles, Director for Street Scene, Leisure & Technical Services for the Borough Council, says: "These survey results show that Haysden Country Park is highly valued by the public. A big thank you to the volunteers who work alongside our rangers contributing significant hours and work to projects in the park. Since the last survey a number of improvements and investments have been carried out in the park and we will now look at the latest improvements identified and ensure they are addressed in the planned development of the park as we continue to provide a top-class facility for people to enjoy.”
For further information on Haysden Country Park, contact the Council on 01732 876166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org