Social housing in Tonbridge and Malling is provided by housing associations. As a borough council we manage the register (waiting list) of people seeking a property.

To join our housing register you must:

  • be 16 or over
  • live in the UK and not be subject to immigration control
  • have a local connection to Tonbridge and Malling
  • have a housing need, as defined by our allocations policy

Kent Homechoice

We operate as part of the Kent Homechoice scheme and properties are advertised through its website. If you are on our waiting list you can express your interest (bid) for one of these homes when they become available.

Properties will be offered to those with the highest priority and longest wait time in line with our published housing allocation process.

Social housing is in short supply and if you can join our housing register you may wait a long time before we can offer you a property. Given this, we can offer advice on other housing options including renting privately and shared ownership which are likely to help meet your housing needs sooner.

Apply to join the housing register

For more information, or if you can’t bid using the methods above, contact our housing team by email or phone using the details below.

Contact the housing register team

Telephone: 01732 876067