Request a review of our decision
If you make a homeless application you can ask us to take another look at a decision we have made.
We can review
- your eligibility for assistance
- what duties (if any) we owe you
- your personal housing plan
- when our duties towards you are due to end
- a decision that you have refused to cooperate
- a referral to another local authority
- the suitability of any accommodation offered to you
How to request a review
Requests do not have to be in writing but they must be within 21 days of the decision. Requests outside of this time do not have to be considered.
You may also be able to ask for temporary accommodation while your review is being carried out. Provision of temporary accommodation during this period is not guaranteed and depends on which decision is being reviewed. You are required to make the request when seeking a review.
If you want to challenge our review, you can appeal to the county court. Details of how to do this will be contained in the review outcome.