If you import or export goods or services to the EU, or employ EU citizens, you need to get your business ready for Brexit.
Some main points:
- Action to take if you export goods to the EU or transport goods out of the UK by road.
- What you need to do now if you import goods from the EU or sell services to the EU.
- Rules for moving goods between Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Check what you need to do if there is no deal
- Employing EU citizens
- importing, exporting and transporting
- operating in the EU
- regulation and standards for goods and products
- using personal data
- European and domestic funding
- intellectual property
- energy and climate
- public sector procurement.
Business readiness events
Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce events
During October 2019 Kent Invicta Chamber are running free clinics for businesses across Kent, to help you make sure you're Brexit ready.
BEIS (Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy) events
BEIS are running Brexit preparedness events around the UK for businesses. At these events subject matter experts will give you business-focussed advice.
Trading with the EU after Brexit
If your business trades with the EU, you'll need to register online for an Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number.
Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has written to all businesses who trade with the EU to explain how Binding Tariff Information (BTI) will change after Brexit.
Download a pack of resources on preparing for changes at the UK border after a no-deal EU exit.
Currently, it is not anticipated that there will be any change to UK laws on food, product safety or consumer rights when the UK leaves the EU.
Read the government advice for food businesses that export to the EU and advice for businesses exporting animals, animal products, fish, shellfish, crustaceans and fishery products on how to prepare if the UK leaves the EU with no deal.
Employing EU citizens
Read the latest information for employers with EU staff and how you can help them apply for settled status.